Here’s how we Inspire Wellness!
September is Active Aging Month. To celebrate this month, and to continue our goal of inspiring wellness throughout our community, the Community Life team at Westhills Village has a calendar full of special events!
Throughout the month of September, we’ve challenged our community members, residents and employees alike, to participate in our “virtual marathon.” Using a pedometer or activity tracker (pedometers are available for purchase from the Community Life Department) keep track of your miles as you walk, use a treadmill or eliptical, or hike this month. The goal is to complete a half marathon (13.1 miles) or a full marathon (26.2 miles) or even an ultra marathon (anything over 26.2 miles!) We know you can do it!
Other fun activities that are planned include:
- Canyon Lake Walk About – Wednesday, September 5th at 2pm
- Table Tennis Tournament – Thursday, September 6th at 7:30pm
- Strider Bike Obstacle Course – Friday, September 7th at 11am
- Hike in the Hills at Black Elk Peak – Saturday, September 8th at 9am
- Water Volleyball Tournament – Tuesday, September 11th at 4pm
- Croquet Tournament – Thursday, September 13th at 10am
- Outdoor Excursion to the Wax Museum – Saturday, September 15th at 10am
- Resident/Staff Bowling at Robbinsdale – Sunday, September 16th at 2pm
- Cooking with Mr. Good Looking – Tuesday, September 18th, at 2:30pm
- Dart Tournament – Thursday, September 20th at 10:15am
- Wear Purple to End Alzheimer’s Day – Friday, September 21
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s (Memorial Park) – Saturday, September 22nd at 9am
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk – Tuesday, September 25th at 8:45am
- Cribbage Tournament – Wednesday, September 26th at 1:30pm
- Swim Meet – Friday, September 28th, at 9am
Part of living life fully and well is staying active while we can, in the ways that we can, as part of a community that lifts us up. Active Aging Month is an excellent time to renew our focus on activity, community, and growth. We look forward to all that this month has to offer the staff and residents of our vibrant community!